Okinawa Traditional, Taco Rice





Taco rice, originally from Okinawa which is located southern Japan.
As the name is, this is the mixture of Tacos and Rice.
This is filling you, satisfying you, also healthy for you! And also the ingredients are just so simple.
I lost almost 2 kg just replacing my lunch to "Taco rice" for a month, I call its "Taco rice diet".
This great dish saved my life when I was in college.
Poor, spent all the money for book and art equipment, but I always leave $10 in my hand.
A lettuce and tomato, and beef mince, a slice of cheese is enough to put a smile on my face.
Because that is all I need for get amazing "Taco rice" ready.

This recipe is actually my mum's.
She used Japanese curry block instead of spices to get a milder taste.
Before you cook this, you need to cook rice first!

 ingredients (serves 2)

140g Minced Beef (you can use Minced Chicken/Pork/Lamb whatever)
2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp Worcester Sauce
1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
3~4 Lettuce leaves
1 Tomato
2 Slices of Cheese(I used Havarti,  creamy one tastes better)
Corn Kernel
1/2 tbsp Oil

Cooked rice

1,  Heat the fry pan and add oil then put minced meat and fry until it get browned a bit.

2, Turn the heat down to low and add tomato sauce, worcester sauce, curry powder together.
Fry until its cooked through. I like it when i go crunchy.

3, Place rice on the dish and put (2) on top. Place cut lettuce, and sliced tomato, also teared cheese, finally sprinkle some corn kernel on top.

4, I normally put chilli sauce on top, you can use tomato sauce or mayonnaise whatever on top! Enjoy!

This entry was posted on 2013年5月31日金曜日 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply